In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the time of the sale to Mr. Stieger, the odometer reading for the vehicle was 42, 416 kilometres.
- Yesterday, she broke that record by adding 80 feet to her odometer.
- It took a few minutes before I noticed that I had just hit 78,000 miles… and my trip meter and my odometer are now completely in sync.
- It consists of an analogue tachometer with a digital LCD for speed, odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and water temperature.
- The travelled distance information is obtained from the odometer sensor.
- With 420 feet on her odometer, the rover is about to mark another half-way point.
- I got back home at 10.01 on the car digital clock, and the odometer told me I had done 100.1 miles since I last filled up with diesel.
- Use the reset feature on the odometer found in most vehicles or simply use a post-it note in your car.
- The three-month old Aston has less than 6,000 kilometers on the odometer and Tom knows everything about the car.
- They are old, run-down, and don't have gas gauges or odometers.
- We tend to measure mileage based on the rate of travel by these winged odometers.
- In other words, ‘spinning out’ will cause a wheel-driven odometer to measure more distance between locations than actually exists.
- On September 25, the image odometer ticked over to 50,000-and kept right on counting.
- Cruising is what it's about for Spirit this weekend, chasing one last mission objective of putting 600 meters on the odometer.
- There is something called trip meter that shows mileage per trip and an odometer that displays the accumulated mileage.
- The driver can then look at the odometer to see if they are over or under that distance.
- Each bike had an odometer attached to record the distance travelled each leg, with the distance recorded at the changeovers.
- I liked the odometer giving distance to the hundredths in case you really want to get picky about your mileage!
- I tend to run those computers long, like people who drive a Honda Civic till the odometer reads 300,000 km.
- Spirit has gone from here to here, and that distance is 2.25 miles on the odometer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.