In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He could smell the familiar odour of rotting foliage in his nostrils.
- Only when the deity smells the odour of sacrifice rightly made does he respond.
- "Choline salts have been known to produce an offensive, fishy body odor, " says Wright.
- Before drifting off, I detected an odor emanating from the vestibule of Ido's tent.
- One concern that many people have is what to use to eliminate odor on furniture.
- During that time, the officer had smelled the odour of alcohol on the accused's breath.
- Occupants also had noticed a strong unpleasant odor resembling sewage.
- Instead, use the feedback to find things that eliminate odors for good.
- A null response was assigned if the crab did not respond to the odor plume.
- Often the first indication that a microorganism problem exists is a characteristic musty odor.
- They have a very distinctive pungent odor when crushed.
- They have a characteristic musty odor that is detectable when large numbers are present or when the bugs are crushed.
- Also, some species can emit a strong, foul odor if handled - we found this out firsthand.
- The black shafts were right in front of her nose and she noticed a foul odor coming from them.
- Dandruff and foot odor are caused in part by yeast that live on the skin.
- Chlorine odor is detected at levels between 0.2 and 3.5 ppm.
- He sighed, noting then the odors wafting in from the kitchen.
- And in this alternative existence did you still have the same noxious body odor?
- One can almost detect the odors emanating from the tiny industries.
- One can almost smell body odor coming off the page.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.