In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- For cancers of the oesophagus and lung, survival rates are low and absolute improvements are small.
- For an endoscopy, a thin tube with a tiny camera inside it is put down your throat and into your esophagus so the doctor can look at it.
- The suture line is where the surgeon has sewn the remaining esophagus to the stomach or bowel.
- Cancer of the small intestine, esophagus and pharynx is associated with celiac disease.
- Peristaltic movements are co-ordinated by neurons within the oesophagus and connecting it to the brain.
- The reddish columnar mucosa is in sharp contrast to the pale-pink mucosa of the esophagus.
- A chest radiograph showed a penny in his oesophagus near the upper oesophageal sphincter.
- The weakest part of the diaphragm is the hole through which the oesophagus passes.
- Food enters the mouth and travels through the esophagus to the stomach, located in the upper abdomen.
- The cause is a weakness of the sphincter muscle between the esophagus and stomach.
- This is the point at which the tubular esophagus joins the saccular stomach.
- A long, thin, bendy tube with a camera on the end is passed down your throat and into the oesophagus.
- Bulimia can cause tears and irritation in the esophagus, stomach, and intestines.
- A monitor is connected to the waist after the capsule is swallowed and the oesophagus, stomach and intestines are screened.
- Tables are not used in the sections for the esophagus and the small intestine.
- I'm looking at the factors in the oesophagus and stomach which we think are important in causing reflux.
- A layer of mucus lines the stomach, oesophagus and intestines to act as a barrier against this acid.
- It happens when acid from your stomach leaks back up through your oesophagus and throat.
- The affected part of the oesophagus and the lymph glands around it are taken out.
- Inlet patch is a congenital anomaly of the cervical esophagus consisting of gastric mucosa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.