In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(housing) con suministro de energía autónomo(housing) no conectado a ninguna red nacional
- I have completed a study on electricity supplied from the grid and the electricity fed into distribution systems by off-grid generators.
- And while moving to a trailer home in Utopia, Texas and living off-grid sounds great to me, my wife wasn't too hep on the idea.
- Entrepreneurs and investors gathered with donor agencies in Ghana to discuss off-grid lighting for sub-Saharan Africa.
- Regarding off-grid planning, the national plan includes the prioritisation of localities according to type and size of infrastructure.
- A Brighton couple aim to build the totally sustainable off-grid Earthship in a small village in Normandy, France.
- I started a new blog today called Mud Woman which will tell the tale of my journey to build my own cob off grid home.
- Renewable energy technologies, coupled with energy efficiency measures, are vital for generating electricity and other energy services in off-grid areas.
- He indicated that off-grid electrification might be the only solution to many of the over 2000 un-electrified settlements in Namibia.
- The identification of off-grid areas not scheduled for medium term grid electrification is the second point in the plan.
- Gains will also come as a result of broader choices for consumers of electric power, some of which favor off grid alternatives.
- They live in an "off-grid" solar home that they designed and built in 1985.
- She lives in Northern New Mexico in her humble off-grid old adobe abode, rebuilt with her own hands, strength and ingenuity.
- Live off-grid, unplugged from the system with solar panels and rainwater harvesting.
- Like most aspiring ecovillages, we use passive solar heating, roof water catchment, off-grid power, composting toilets, and small homes of mostly natural or recycled materials.
- The event was the first-ever global business conference on off-grid lighting on the continent.
- He lives off-grid in a passive solar, earthsheltered building in Western North Carolina.
- The quantum dot power plastic could be used for demanding energy, communications and military applications, such as battlefield or off-grid power generation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.