In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1during off-hours — fuera de las horas punta Spain
- The well-paid men amused themselves in their off-hours with poker games, where large sums of money were won and lost.
- In his off-hours, he jammed with Dizzy Gillespie and other founding fathers of bebop.
- Attempting to keep up with well-seasoned steppers, instructors fill their off-hours looking for dynamic combinations to impress students who have been stepping since the days of Flashdance.
- Where I'm from, most of our off-hours were spent in cars.
- So recently, in his off-hours, he started selling boxes.
- He's also, on his off-hours, a drug addict, miserable because his young son was kidnapped years ago.
- In the United States, people largely work to survive and seek personal fulfillment in their off-hours.
- She is ever the meddling reporter, looking to create the ideal stories in her off-hours.
- A lot of men went into the mines where some mine companies actually actively promote drinking for the mineworkers in their off-hours to keep them a little bit complacent.
- Usually I save that kind of thing for my off-hours.
- When kindergartners began going to the toilet the first thing in the morning to inspect the work she had done during her off-hours, she realized how much joy her murals could give others.
- For those viewing archived material, which is typically accessed during off-hours from home computers, usage between the two media players is about evenly divided.
- Some ad honchos play golf or catch a movie in their off-hours.
- I was a police officer in Arlington, Texas, powerlifting at the police gym during my off-hours.
- Photos and documents show the assistant city attorney was followed by police officers in her off-hours.
- You get the sense she's a copy-writer who can't check the habit in her off-hours.
- Most assuredly, the boss is not paying him to socialize and have a good time with co-workers and friends during off-hours.
- He made pots in his off-hours and built a small ceramic workshop in his backyard, where he installed his own electric kiln, one of the first in Montana.
- The idea of voluntarily signing up for a class that necessitates me spending even more time at the hospital during my off-hours is not enticing, to say the least.
- But their off-hours were well spent home-recording their blissful follow-up, Warm Belly High Power.
1fuera de las horas picofuera de las horas punta Spain
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.