In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(travel/fare/tariffs) fuera de las horas pico(fare/travel/tariffs) fuera de las horas punta SpainElectricity (demand/load) fuera de (las) horas picoElectricity (demand/load) fuera de (las) horas punta SpainElectricity (demand/load) en horas de menor consumo
- All it would need is one enterprising local businessman with one not particularly large warehouse who would then move these goods into Kendal at traffic off-peak times.
- She feels that more could be done for passengers travelling in off-peak hours.
- The current surftime package I'm on might be unmetred off-peak but I'm often using it on-peak for half an hour here and there which adds up.
- The railways are also set to be busy, with special deals for passengers willing to travel off-peak and book in advance.
- Whenever possible, travel during an off-peak season to save even more.
- For most domestic routes, off-peak fares are for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Plans for a national discount railcard giving cheaper off-peak travel will be unveiled later this year.
- The best way to stretch your travel dollar is to travel during off-peak times.
- The first stage of a scheme to encourage off-peak travel on London suburban railways has been launched.
- Overall, I believe the benefits of off-peak travel outweigh the drawbacks.
- There will be free off-peak travel for pensioners and the disabled.
- That's the price of a standard open return, whereas a saver return for off-peak travel would be £52.10.
- The lowest fares apply to off-peak travel periods, which vary by city.
- What he also forgot to say when declaring that pensioners would get free bus travel was that the travel will be free in off-peak hours only.
- There are no peak or off-peak rates and calls to landlines in Britain and Northern Ireland are at the same great rate as landline calls in Ireland.
- Travel would be free off-peak and on quiet roads.
- You are likely to pay more for a vacation resort that is in high demand at the peak period, than for the off-peak period at a less popular resort.
- Cheap day returns were charged at about 15p per mile, but were limited to off-peak travel because they were so cheap.
- In Wales this problem is solved by the Dinorwig hydroelectric power station, which pumps water up to a high reservoir during off-peak periods.
- Pensioners have been offered free off-peak local bus travel, but Mrs Williamson is concerned that could lead to higher council tax bills.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.