In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fare/tariffs/travel) fuera de las horas pico(fare/tariffs/travel) fuera de las horas punta Spainfuera de (las) horas picofuera de (las) horas punta Spainen horas de menor consumo
- Overall, I believe the benefits of off-peak travel outweigh the drawbacks.
- Plans for a national discount railcard giving cheaper off-peak travel will be unveiled later this year.
- Travel would be free off-peak and on quiet roads.
- Cheap day returns were charged at about 15p per mile, but were limited to off-peak travel because they were so cheap.
- You are likely to pay more for a vacation resort that is in high demand at the peak period, than for the off-peak period at a less popular resort.
- What he also forgot to say when declaring that pensioners would get free bus travel was that the travel will be free in off-peak hours only.
- The current surftime package I'm on might be unmetred off-peak but I'm often using it on-peak for half an hour here and there which adds up.
- Whenever possible, travel during an off-peak season to save even more.
- In Wales this problem is solved by the Dinorwig hydroelectric power station, which pumps water up to a high reservoir during off-peak periods.
- That's the price of a standard open return, whereas a saver return for off-peak travel would be £52.10.
- Pensioners have been offered free off-peak local bus travel, but Mrs Williamson is concerned that could lead to higher council tax bills.
- She feels that more could be done for passengers travelling in off-peak hours.
- For most domestic routes, off-peak fares are for travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- The best way to stretch your travel dollar is to travel during off-peak times.
- There will be free off-peak travel for pensioners and the disabled.
- All it would need is one enterprising local businessman with one not particularly large warehouse who would then move these goods into Kendal at traffic off-peak times.
- The first stage of a scheme to encourage off-peak travel on London suburban railways has been launched.
- The railways are also set to be busy, with special deals for passengers willing to travel off-peak and book in advance.
- There are no peak or off-peak rates and calls to landlines in Britain and Northern Ireland are at the same great rate as landline calls in Ireland.
- The lowest fares apply to off-peak travel periods, which vary by city.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.