In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vía de salida
- He swerved onto the off-ramp and drove down, pulling onto the Zack's street.
- One script, called The Rose Girl, centred on young women who stand at traffic lights or motorway off-ramps selling flowers to commuters.
- One suggestion I've heard is to run the race along Aotea Quay between the highway off-ramp and the railway station.
- When you finally realise you have to change lanes to make your off-ramp, you indicate.
- I hooked my A4 around and took the Pico off-ramp.
- Mitch swerved the car down an off-ramp, and screeched the tires onto a road.
- He had to catch an off-ramp that led him along a long, wooded, two-way road that eventually led to his destination.
- Compare that with current plans to accommodate a fleeting parade of tourists by constructing directional signposts, parking lots, interpretive waysides and even new freeway off-ramps.
- There are expressways, smaller lanes, on-ramps and off-ramps and intersections.
- Looking out at chain-link fences, gantry cranes, and a highway off-ramp at the edge of San Francisco Bay, I am in a very unlikely site to appreciate nature.
- Use major highways where traffic flow is separated by medians, and access is controlled by on-and off-ramps.
- Arriving a few minutes late, I saw a freeway off-ramp blocked by debris and large objects (old sofas, etc).
- The job involved building four on- and off-ramps plus the County Road 37 overpass over State Route 15, a four-lane highway.
- Motion adaptation can also cause problems when a driver exits a highway and enters an off-ramp, said Dr. Gray.
- To add onto that there was an off-ramp to my right.
- In addition to the new bridge deck, work this summer on the $84.2 million Fort Pitt project included replacing aging tunnel tiles, repaving roads and rebuilding off-ramps.
- And when I took the off-ramp, the Mustang was glued to my tail.
- Also closed on the day of the show will be the southbound Highland Avenue off-ramp from the 101 Freeway.
- Work is under way on the construction of new on- and off-ramps from the M1 highway, to give direct access to Newtown for motorists from the north and south of the city.
- They don't think widening McKnight Boulevard to six lanes between 4th Streets East and West with its associated off-ramps will ease traffic congestion.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.