In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1color hueso masculine
- The opening shot reveals the hallway, painted a soft, off-white colour.
- Colour tends to be dark grey on the dorsal surface, fading to off-white on the belly.
- It was pale off-white, and had granite counter tops, and electronics galore.
- He changes his off-white shirt for a beige one that makes him look, if anything, even more preternaturally pale.
- Cream and off-white appeals to a wide audience and most people can contentedly ‘live with it’ in a new house.
- The guy looked ultra-cool in his off-white muscle tee and a pair of beige Dockers.
- If you want an added detail on your shoe, go for a pair with off-white stitching.
- White or off-white is always a safe bet in terms of color selection.
- I slipped on a pair of off-white heels, grabbed my purse and ran downstairs.
- We had one rack of mat samples which included a few shades of white and off-white in acid-free boards.
- Then they left it like that for a few days, the back walls brinded grey and off-white, like a hybrid cow.
- Painted on top of each are geometric shapes that range from dark green to magenta to off-white.
- It was a pale blue with off-white trim reminding him of a beach cabin he stayed in for a week when he was a child.
- On his legs he wore a pair of off-white pants that cut off above his ankles.
- There are some great designs in off-white jackets - they look good with one of our designer linen shirts.
- There was no chance of snowfall, and the sky was a fine, mottled china-blue and off-white.
- Here, the background in both the hallway and dining room is off-white, a blend of creams and whites and eggshell.
- Khadi can often encompass many shades from oatmeal, to grey and off-white.
- He said the man was wearing off-white board shorts, no shirt and had a shaved head.
- His colour palette was more along the lines of a sombre grey, black, various shades of brown and off-white.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.