In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In this way the defendant consumed the criminal offence of premeditated murder.
- Offences against the laws governing political parties are not punishable as a criminal offence, but can incur painful financial sanctions.
- It is also clear that the charge of assault against the second applicant is an offence under the criminal law as well as under the Prison Rules.
- These, in the main, are young people committing offences against other young people.
- In that case the applicant had been convicted of offences of indecent assault.
- Both stand accused of plunder, an offense punishable by death.
- Both women were convicted of minor nonviolent drug offenses.
- But the case was abandoned Thursday after magistrates found he had not committed a criminal offense.
- It is the essence of offences against the person that what is done is done unlawfully.
- It held such crimes to be offences against the law of nations, much as was the traditional crime of piracy.
- Police may call it the fineable offence of contravening traffic rules, but it is the order of the day among minibus drivers.
- What about offences against the state and against the administration of justice?
- The nation's legal nightmare around non-violent drug offenses is the primary cross he bears.
- The skewness of the perceived severity distribution for each felony drug offense was examined.
- Another 1995 law made the laundering of money from drug trafficking a serious criminal offense.
- The number of juveniles arrested for drug-related offenses has increased 80 percent in the last seven years.
- Singapore still considers graffiti an offense punishable by flogging.
- Beginning in 2009, adults arrested for any felony offense are subject to DNA collection.
- The original version of the bill would have made an immigration violation a felony offense.
- An offence of indecent assault, since 1985, carries a maximum sentence of 10 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.