In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1infractor masculineinfractora femininemasculine delincuenteas he was a first offender — como era su primera infracción/su primer delito
- previous offender — reincidente
- as far as wasting paper's concerned, he's the worst offender — en cuanto a desperdiciar papel, él es más culpable que nadie
- That is what we are dealing with, with child sex offenders.
- The shots fired at her by the offender were totally unprovoked, totally unnecessary.
- It demonstrated the procedures to follow for sentencing young offenders.
- They emphasize violent criminals to build prisons and they fill them with drug offenders, and insist on the death penalty.
- Under a civil lawsuit, however, the judge can decide freely which measure will be taken against the offender.
- Offenders of intellectual property violations will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- There is nowhere dedicated to housing and rehabilitating delinquent girls or juvenile female offenders.
- The offenders had previously either been found guilty or pleaded guilty to conspiracy to handle stolen goods.
- This sentence allows an offender to be detained indefinitely.
- The teenagers, both persistent young offenders, had admitted at least three other offences each on different days in west York.
- Drunk drivers and other misdemeanor offenders may be less likely to face prison if a Ministry of Justice policy proposed yesterday is implemented.
- Many of the young offenders who are let out are not first offenders.
- She owns her own firm — often representing repeat offenders — and finds herself in a world unto itself.
- Important differences emerged regarding the criminal histories of major and minor offenders.
- In the past two decades, the federal prison population has doubled, mostly due to drug offenders.
- State budget deficits are often amplified by costs associated with prisons bulging with nonviolent drug offenders.
- He pushed for a law that would forever put away violent repeat offenders like the men who killed his daughter.
- There are major problems, nevertheless, in applying the law there and prosecuting offenders.
- Offenders often fail to realize the severity of their crimes, and an antagonistic prison environment can exacerbate feelings of being wrongly accused and hamper treatment.
- There are no similar laws denying aid to violent or other criminal offenders - including murderers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.