In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1titular (del cargo) feminine
- It will take more than the force of ideas to convince most Democratic officeholders to turn against the teachers unions.
- They are not, of course, capable of talking the economy up, which is the exclusive preserve of office holders.
- Every California governor in the past half-century has been either a veteran state officeholder or a celebrity.
- All office holders, whether noble or bourgeois, were landowners.
- They also homed in on a crucial point: Allowing officeholders to vie for a third term does not guarantee their re-election.
- The nature of the offence obviously will vary depending upon the duties, statutory or common law, placed upon the office holder.
- Most state constitutions ban the practice outright; New Jersey has more dual office holders than any other state.
- It deals with applications for authority to operate a local bank account where a business is being continued by the office holder.
- Among her fellow Democrats, she is the only woman officeholder who has succeeded in a statewide campaign.
- Foreign policy issues following 11 September catapulted two women office-holders in particular into the public eye.
- The Committee believes that the responsibility of public office-holders should continue to have a special emphasis in statute law.
- Provincial life was left to the dominance of the ennobled office-holders of the sovereign courts.
- In a measure clearly aimed at Lauderdale, Parliament passed an act obliging all office holders to denounce the Covenants.
- The political leadership required for this process of introspection was misappropriated for the gain of state office holders.
- In public statements he has said that he is uncomfortable with the idea of denying communion to Catholic officeholders.
- The speakers almost always are either outstanding legal minds or high-level officeholders.
- Their events were rarely attended by local office holders.
- The office holders should also continue to be members of the House of Lords.
- In Delaware, officeholders had to attest to their belief in the Holy Trinity.
- Not one Republican officeholder or activist in Arlington would oppose the tax.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.