In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He is due to be officially elected at the formal mayor making ceremony on May 10.
- The hunt for a new apartment officially began on Saturday with me making about 10 calls.
- Davis has left today free before officially launching his campaign on Tuesday.
- The organizations will officially file questions regarding the fuel prices to the oil firm, he added.
- There are challenging times ahead indeed, as he officially takes over his new position in January.
- The festival began on Thursday and officially ended on Sunday evening.
- The institution had to close its doors officially last week.
- Until that date nobody is officially standing at the election in Hove.
- The exhibition officially opens to the public today and admission is included in the normal entry price.
- At the end of this month, he will officially begin the process of ‘setting out’.
- He mentioned his brother when he officially launched his campaign in June this year.
- Events officially began when a government official gave permission for people of all ranks to wear masks.
- Neither is particularly appealing, although as the day officially begins at ten I guess the latter is more sensible.
- It is silent running and produces zero emissions and was officially launched on to the Irish market last month.
- The site will be officially opened to the public in spring, when a kissing gate is installed at the roadside.
- The bakery, which will make fresh bread several times each day, will officially open to the public on Monday.
- The formal business of officially opening the premises is then expected to take place.
- The election campaign begins officially tomorrow, barring some catastrophe overnight.
- Autumn may have only officially begun today but already we are seeing the leaves in Yorkshire begin to their dramatic change.
- Montana officials have officially closed all public land in the entire western half of the state.
- Like Cameron, he is expected to launch his leadership campaign officially within the next fortnight.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.