In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Some initiatives work within the Internet, whereas others use the Internet more directly to facilitate offline activities.
- Additionally, it allowed salespeople to synchronize data on their laptops for offline access - a specific demand of the sales force.
- A final feature worth mentioning is the all-new inclusion of split-screen multiplayer for offline use.
- System administrators have historically relied on offline archiving for data backup and storage.
- Although this was the first ever online virus description database, offline versions had existed long before.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.