In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1oil-fired central heating — calefacción central de gasóleo / gasoil feminine
- There is also an underground water sprinkling system for the garden, flood lighting, an alarm system and oil-fired central heating.
- There is an oil-fired central heating system and some useable wiring in place, but a thorough overhaul of all services is necessary.
- The home also has oil-fired and solid fuel heating.
- Renewable energy sources could be used to cut down on gas emissions from coal and oil-fired power stations blamed in part for global warming.
- Most scientists now blame emissions of carbon from coal and oil-fired power stations for increasing global temperatures and causing ‘climate chaos’ in the form of winds, floods and storms.
- Although it has been promote mostly as a fuel for diesel powered vehicles, biodiesel is perfectly suited as an additive or replacement fuel in a standard oil-fired furnace or boiler.
- From then on the hardware is identical to that of a conventional coal or oil-fired power station.
- The majority of homes studied were heated by either oil-fired or GFF heating systems.
- The heating throughout is oil-fired and underfloor.
- Insulation ensures the building only needs the minimum of heating, which is done through an oil-fired boiler and the couple are hoping to resurrect a wind turbine.
- The company also hopes the project will save more than 700,000 tonnes of greenhouse gases a year that might otherwise have been emitted through coal or oil-fired power stations.
- The proportion of homes using oil-fired central heating is 12 times higher than average; solid fuel heating is also much more common than average.
- The lunchtime accident at the oil-fired power station on July 3 occurred in a switchgear cubicle.
- The Minister might tell us whether this emergency generation capacity is going to be from coal-fired power stations, from oil-fired power stations, from wind power, or from hydro power.
- The windows are double-glazed in timber frame and the heating system is oil-fired.
- Heating is by means of an oil-fired central heating system which is augmented by a separate immersion heater for the hot water supply.
- Tarbert power station is an oil-fired station with four units producing 620MW of power.
- The oil-fired central heating system is usable but should be upgraded to avoid problems later.
- The house has oil-fired and solid fuel central heating throughout.
- Features include oil-fired underfloor heating, fitted kitchens and utility rooms, fireplace allowances and high-pressure water systems.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.