In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1yacimiento petrolífero masculineyacimiento de petróleo masculine
- But government attacks forced many more thousands out as land was cleared of people to make way for oilfields.
- In 1968 oil was discovered in northern Alaska, and exploration for further Arctic oilfields has continued.
- It says independent operators moving into the North Sea to work on mature oilfields are often offering better promotion and salary prospects than their larger rivals.
- American engineers design and oversee the oilfields.
- The company's main oilfields are located in the Caspian Sea area in the former Soviet republic of Turkmenistan.
- The two countries are cooperating to finally resolve a longstanding dispute hampering the full exploitation of a rich oilfield.
- He also encouraged the exploration of the Amazonian rainforest, which led to the subsequent exploitation of significant oilfields.
- Viable oilfields were discovered in the North Sea off Scotland in 1971 and by November 1975 the Forties field was on stream.
- The £2bn pipeline will connect offshore oilfields in the Caspian with a tanker terminal at the Turkish port of Ceyhan.
- A preliminary geological survey in February 1919 showed that the oilfield could be exploited only by a company ‘rich enough to face indifferent success or failure’.
- A decision on the contract to store oil from the Atlantic Frontier oilfields has been delayed until later this month.
- Big new oilfields such as the Atlantic to the west of Shetland, or technically difficult fields would continue to attract the multinationals.
- She has been developing oilfields in Sudan and now Sudan supplies 5% of her oil consumption.
- By 1926 seismic survey methods had discovered an oilfield for the first time in the southern USA.
- Many contain economic deposits of coal and one, the Fang Basin in the north of the region, is the site of a producing oilfield.
- There has been no systematic attempt to sabotage or destroy the oilfields, either in the south or the north.
- There were more serious threats looming, however, than a strike in the oilfields.
- Rich diamond mines and oilfields in the country mean that a wide range of corporations and countries have an interest in the outcome of the war.
- Tens of thousands of people have been killed and displaced from areas around the oilfields, it said.
- Sudan's minister of energy and mining announced last week the discovery of an oilfield in Darfur with abundant deposits.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.