In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1magnate del petróleo masculine(employee) empleado de compañía petrolera masculine
- Of course, it was clear all along that if fully investigated, the scandal would touch all kinds of oilmen in the United States, as well.
- The company's chief executive is facing the kind of challenge most oilmen would sell their Texas ranch for.
- Even legendary oilman T. Boone Pickens is predicting $3-a-gallon gasoline within a year.
- ‘I'm worth US $100 million,’ bragged the oilman.
- Although Moscow is still weighing its decision, both BP PLC and Russian oilmen are optimistic the Kremlin will endorse the Baku-Ceyhan project.
- A retired oilman in his early 60s, he's normally active and healthy.
- The daughter of an Aberdeen oilman, you could imagine her drinking skinny lattes over a copy of Vogue.
- Freeman admits the industry faces tough challenges, but says: ‘You need to be an optimist if you are an oilman.’
- Many authorities on Russian politics have said that the dispute reflects the president's attitude toward the oilman, not the oil business.
- Far easier, the oilmen claim, to run the pipeline across shallow seas to Darwin and its First World infrastructure.
- What bothers me as a British oilman is the massive load of decent assets below the waves where nothing is happening.
- The son of a US oilman, whose great grandfather started in the oil game in West Virginia in 1905, Remp appears to have a strong desire to challenge himself and his 150 employees around the globe.
- Texan oilman Darrel Jacob took over the reins of the Total refinery at Milford Haven last week.
- Hundreds of millions of viewers were captivated by the episode of Dallas in which the gleefully wicked millionaire oilman JR Ewing was shot by an unknown assailant while working late.
- For the domination of resources and markets, we could have graphics of oilmen predicting the rise and fall of their share of barrels, offset against the rising costs of the war.
- The oilmen took over and changed the name of the company to the Aircraft Manufacturing Company.
- She had married Texas oilman Howard Marshall in 1994, when she was 26 and he was 89.
- Britain's North Sea oil supply is dwindling, forcing the oilmen into ever more expensive offshore exploration in ever deeper water.
- The Black Gold tartan was designed by North Sea oilman Andy Grieve.
- It's time to stop letting this fat cat oilman and his corporate cronies damage lives and our economy for their personal profit and power.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.