In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pomada feminineungüento masculine
- Your GP will give you a course of oral antibiotics and/or an antibiotic cream or ointment.
- Apply a moisturizer cream or ointment if the perineal skin is chapped or dry after cleansing.
- Nowadays the condition is treatable with tetracycline eye ointment and tetracycline taken orally.
- If emollients alone don't treat the condition, the next step is to use a steroid cream or ointment.
- The cost of skin barriers and ointments is a drop in the bucket compared with the costs and ramifications from such problems.
- The ointment keeps a heavy scab from forming and may reduce the size of a scar.
- In the past, treatment generally consisted of the use of topical corticosteroids in the form of creams, ointments, and lotions.
- When the source of moisture cannot be controlled, it is appropriate to use barrier creams or ointments to protect the skin.
- She was prescribed sulphur ointment, which began to heal her infected skin.
- Prescription creams, ointments and lotions (called topical medicines) that you put on the affected areas are often used.
- Always talk to your health care provider before using any medicated creams or ointments to treat skin problems.
- Be sure to talk with your doctor if you are using a steroid cream or ointment to treat your itching.
- Your will need to wash your face several times a day with a gentle cleanser, and apply antibiotic ointment or cream to aid healing.
- He had been applying a topical antibiotic ointment to the wound three times a day.
- The doctor might recommend creams, ointments, or lotions to ease symptoms.
- Are ointments and creams smooth and nongritty?
- Do not apply cream or ointment to broken skin and always follow the instructions on the packet.
- Calcipotriol is available as a cream or ointment to treat plaque psoriasis and as a lotion for scalp psoriasis.
- Some burns units treat difficult wounds such as facial burns by leaving them exposed and applying antimicrobial ointment.
- Doctors call these drugs vasodilators and they are available in a variety of forms, including tablets, sprays, skin patches and ointments.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.