1in olden days / times — antaño literary
- In olden times the blacksmith was often credited with having more knowledge of the supernatural than other folk.
- The old ladies had the satin jackets and big buttons from the olden days.
- In the olden days being a baker was an important job.
- In the olden days on St Kilda and at several bleak rocky points east, tenacious hunters would dangle off perilous cliffs to catch their harvest.
- In the olden days if you were a dunce in class, you were made to stand at the back of the class, enduring unimaginable embarrassment.