In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The oligopoly concentrated on marketing and increasing engine power in the postwar decades, choking off European innovations like front-wheel drive, radial tires, and disk brakes.
- Market concentration is economic power based on the level of monopoly or oligopoly that Chaebol affiliates hold in the markets of their respective areas of business.
- Google currently has the luxury of being inefficient because of its enviable position as the most powerful member of an oligopoly controlling an exploding market.
- With limited competition, or oligopolies, the various players within a particular industry will most likely have different cost structures.
- Industry consolidation and a trend toward market oligopoly have also marked the evolutionary paths of numerous other industries.
- For the rest of the farming community, the future is precarious, with economic independence destroyed by market oligopolies, and by the decline in flexibility and choice which this entails.
- Meanwhile, liberalization raised competitive intensity across the globe by eliminating existing barriers to the movement of goods and money across borders that protected the market power of national oligopolies.
- The most profound change to occur in the television industry in the 1980s and 1990s was the rise of competition to the network oligopoly from cable programmers.
- ManufacturingCo competes in internationalised oligopolies in its core power systems businesses.
- By selling them, the government will be establishing essentially unregulated privately owned monopolies and oligopolies; and there are few things worse, economically speaking, than such beasts.
- What drives our economy to switch from a period of innovation to oligopolies and lock ins?
- An oligopoly market is dominated by a small number of sellers who provide a large share of the total market output.
- This would be a direct challenge to the market power of established oligopolies.
- That has made it easy for monopolies and oligopolies.
- But without the proper rules, healthy capitalist markets turn into sluggish oligopolies, and that is what's happening in media today.
- Mr Mosho said that commercial banks might be colluding making the market into an oligopoly with little benefit to the consumers.
- Theoretically, Weber's method may hold for the market structures of full competition and monopoly, but in oligopolies, or competition among the few, at least a much more complicated concept of rationality seems to be warranted.
- Anyone who knows anything about neoclassical microeconomics knows that consumers are at the mercy of privately-owned monopolies and oligopolies due to the lack of competition.
- The company's five biggest competitors had already signed up, but this firm - the sixth company in the industry oligopoly - was resisting the opportunity.
- In both nations, the backbone service market is an oligopoly with dominant incumbents, so we rate them even.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.