In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1olimpiada feminineolimpíada feminine
- But at least Beijing is unlikely to be dogged by the same problems that beset Athens, when there were genuine concerns the Greek capital would not be ready to host the 28th Olympiad.
- That inaugural modern Olympiad did not allow female competitors.
- It is estimated that more than three and one-half billion people would benefit from a multitude of media delivery surpassing all other Olympiads and set the face of the next Olympics in Athens, Greece, where it all began.
- I've always enjoyed playing in the Olympiads, and I hope my country does well this time.
- The Olympics are almost certainly the sports world's grandest stage, and in 2004 the event returns to the birthplace of the ancient Olympiad and the first host of the modern Olympics - Athens, Greece.
- But as the 27th modern Olympiad began, most folks were willing to suspend their cynicism and believe in the beauty, purity and goodness of world-class athletic competition.
- She returned to the National women's ‘A’ tourney only because she wanted to play in the Olympiad next year.
- The responsibility to be Africa's best solely lay on the 12 players going to the Olympiads in Italy, which is the world's chess showpiece of a tournament.
- Team USA's strategy of drafting NBA players for the past three Olympiads has resulted in three gold medals and absolutely no intrigue, competition, or excitement.
- This helped him prepare better against lesser-known rivals and dramatically increased his percentage of victories, particularly in the Olympiads.
- If I do play the Olympiad next time, it will be nice to see the whole team.
- St. Louis was host to the third modern Olympiad in 1904, and Francis Field, on the campus of Washington University, was the primary site.
- The organisation, as you would expect from a country that hosted the greatest modern Olympiad, was peerless.
- We shall also pick players to complete the squad for the Olympiads,’ he said.
- Recently in Bled, the Chinese girl had emerged as the best player in the Olympiad by contributing 11 points to her country's title-triumph.
- He won 4 golds in the 4 Olympiads between 1912 and '28, and making the Olympic team in 1928 when he was 38 years old.
- Not only did India was found wanting in adapting to the new techniques, which Pakistan imbibed with out much loss of time and courted success in the 1984 Olympiad in Los Angeles and in the 1994 World Cup at Sydney.
- At dusk, a countdown video filled the screen at the recently upgraded Olympic Stadium - 28 seconds, one for each of the Games scheduled since the first modern Olympiad in 1896 here.
- Since the Olympiad is played over 14 rounds and you need to be physically strong, I made the girls do a lot of physical training too.
- After a few scares, Athens won its race to be ready for the 28th Olympiad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.