In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We would submit the first has problems once one is setting up something which is intended not only to be omnipotent or sovereign but also to be permanently so.
- The omnipotent golden arches were on it of course.
- There he met a mysterious old man named Z who claims to have omnipotent powers.
- An omnipotent deity who devours worlds according to Bevinne folklore.
- I say mythical because when synced with the narrative voice over, the illustrations spring to life as though spoken by an omnipotent deity.
- The unbelievers continue to carp about suffering and evil, and why an omnipotent, benevolent God allowed these to exist and even proliferate.
- He gets tangled up with the disciples and Christ's robe, which seems to have its own omnipotent powers.
- Why strive for anything if the die has been cast by the supreme and omnipotent mediator of human fortunes?
- Beneath his shiny pate and bulbous nose is true divinity, a noble being of omnipotent powers and perceptions.
- And that reaffirms for me the idea that beyond us all there is this great omnipotent, omnipresent power who is a force for compassion and good and order in the world.
- Yet no one, not even the world's sole superpower, is omnipotent.
- How does such a system of brain-washing come into being without a cruel, omnipotent dictator?
- Candidates have been omnipotent as they vie for a place in the electorate's heart, or alternatively annoy a lot of people by plastering campus with publicity.
- The prevalence of evil and misery has always bothered those who believe in a benevolent and omnipotent God.
- My God, that is to say my supreme ruler, most omnipotent and the principal object of my faith, is Fate.
- Why can this omnipotent deity forgive AFTER being crucified but not BEFORE?
- The security guard is omnipotent, and he wields his enormous power with relish - only he can decide who gets to step inside.
- It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent.
- And then, once you've created this omniscient, omnipotent regulatory body, what happens?
- We are not quite omnipotent, and we cannot be ubiquitous.
- In a golfing era where power is depressingly close to omnipotent, he bucks almost every trend.
- The power of Hananim is considered absolute: he is almighty, omnipotent, and omniscient.
- If the deity is omnipotent, can It produce a truly indestructible object?
- It is the decision to forswear love in order to gain omnipotent worldly power.
- A grown-up society would stop treating politicians as omnipotent and start directing complaints at the shadowy others who make decisions that affect us.
- With the emphatic repetition of this line at the end of the book, the image of the omnipotent deity has been exorcized from Vallejo's poetic imagery.
- If this isn't evidence of some omnipotent power then I don't know what is.
- Certainly, the power of the state as omnipotent is lived out on death row.
- The president's powers, as omnipotent as they may seem to the rest of the world, are not without democratic checks and balances at home.
- The victors may seem particularly potent as the disparities in power are intensified, but this does not render them omnipotent in framing the post-war order.
- Is the situation different if one shifts to a deity who is not omnipotent, omniscient, and morally perfect?
- More recently, he has masterminded the rise and rise of the Leicester club he played for with distinction and he cites several reasons for their current omnipotent state.
- Is the church merely updating its musical liturgy, or has it fallen victim to the nearly omnipotent power of popular culture?
- Given that Bruce has been more than a little critical with the big guy's job performance, he's given omnipotent powers in an effort to see if he could do a better job.
- If you ask theists why there exists an omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent god, there is no further explanation they can give.
- More importantly, she fails - rare fallibility in a genre where the hero is normally all but omnipotent.
- To say that there is, is to deny the idea that the Almighty is omnipotent.
- He reached out with almost omnipotent power and smote his enemies, remaining impervious to their counterattack (only some of the minions died).
- No one would start from the premise that the natural world reflects the will of an omnipotent designer and conclude that the designer is benevolent.
- Next year the omnipotent Shubert Organization is expected to bring the show to Broadway…
- How, again, can we explain the idea, held by so many religious people, that an omnipotent and benevolent God can justly condemn people to an eternity of torture?
- Liberals writing for the omnipotent liberal media can only dream of the rewards that have come the way of a whole generation of conservatives.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.