In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All three films forgo the assistance of an omniscient narrator, and let the subjects tell their own stories.
- At several points the narrator interjects with omniscient knowledge of historical information which he alone has privileged access to.
- The narrative voice is part character and part omniscient narrator.
- An omniscient author knows everything about everybody in the story.
- The tone of the Times report was narrative bordering on omniscient.
- Yet there are no laws to regulate this omniscient spy system.
- That seems like odd behavior for an omniscient and omnipotent designer.
- After all, science is not yet omniscient in the present world.
- All us omniscient narrators were getting together to have a few laughs and a few drinks.
- As Prague's omniscient narrator explains, the game is fundamentally flawed.
- It is also true that you can't be omniscient; you can't see everything, everywhere.
- It's certainly more cinematic than many comics for the simple fact that it has no thought balloons and no omniscient narrator.
- Being omniscient, I know such activity is more or less commonplace, but I trust that you will do what is right.
- I wanted an omniscient narrator to have a kind of ‘looking back on it all now’ perspective.
- Deconstruction theory and the decline of the omniscient narrator demonstrate a newfound humility.
- In stanzas twelve through fourteen, the omniscient narrator directs our eye to the movement of the skies.
- If God is omnipotent and omniscient, why didn't he start the universe out in the first place so it would come out the way he wants?
- They say " om " representing the omniscient power of God in the universe.
- In paradise, the omniscient narrator concludes, there are no stories because there are no journeys.
- An omnipotent and omniscient being, however, would know that such an action was about to take place, and would be able to prevent it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.