In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1omnívoro masculineomnívora feminine
- Ground-dwelling omnivores, turkeys walk miles foraging for nuts. insect, and other edibles.
- The earliest to develop were the somewhat more derived ungainly carnivores, omnivores and herbivores of the Dinocephalian lineages.
- It is also interesting that this ecosystem has no animals which are strict herbivores, but rather they are omnivores, switching between diets of eating algae and animals.
- These bears are omnivores and food is a top priority in their lives.
- Members of this family are omnivores and herbivores, feeding mainly on underground fungi and tubers also taking some seeds and insects.
- The natural world requires a balance of carnivores, omnivores and herbivores.
- Ambush foragers typically respond visually to moving prey, but omnivores and herbivores may frequently need to identify immobile plant parts as food.
- Based on feeding habits, researchers broadly classify ray-finned fishes as herbivores, carnivores, omnivores, zooplanktivores and detrivores.
- These generalists were mainly unspecialized herbivores or omnivores, with partially fossorial habits, strong territoriality and high reproductive rates.
- Sticklebacks are voracious omnivores and feed on a variety of food including some algae and invertebrates such as insects, snails, small crustaceans, and some types of small worms.
- In all but the role of small insectivore, omnivore, and rodent-like herbivore, the therapsids were eventually supplanted by the archosaurs.
- While it's known that plant eaters and omnivores often eat a wide selection of foods to ensure the intake of various nutrients, carnivores aren't thought to be that fussy.
- Still other eutherians, such as raccoons and bears, are omnivores, eating both meat and plant material.
- The grass shrimp and white-fingered mud crab are best characterized as omnivores sharing similar food sources.
- In a novel study, they recruited women who eat both animal and plant foods - the omnivore regimen typical of most Americans - and women who only eat plant-derived foods.
- Megapodes are omnivores, known to eat plant material, invertebrates and small vertebrates.
- Western Gulls are omnivores and eat a variety of things including fish and other aquatic creatures, eggs, carrion, garbage, and other birds.
- Pigs are omnivores not herbivores and do not carry BSE, so why had we to subsidise the BSE offal disposal in the first place?
- It is important to realize that, though Primates are viewed as omnivorous, they are omnivores of a very particular type in that the great majority of their foods each day come from plants.
- In the second part, the herbivores, omnivores, and carnivores are divided into large and small categories for comparison within and between subregions.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.