In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1one-stop banking — servicios bancarios integrados masculine
- one-stop shopping — centro único de compras
- The custom built dealership served as a one-stop shop for motorists.
- The company claims to provide a one-stop shop service and counts BASF and Roche among its clients.
- The €3m internet site was meant to act as a one-stop shop for information on the health services.
- Ambitious plans for a one-stop shop transforming customer access to York council services have been stalled amid rising cost fears.
- For parents, it will mean more of a one-stop shop instead of dealing with a range of people.
- Craven District Council has mooted the idea of creating a one-stop shop for council services as part of the Renaissance Town project.
- One official last night described the new agency as a potential one-stop shop for government agencies seeking funds.
- It wants to see the building turned into a business centre, with broadband provision, or perhaps a one-stop shop for council services.
- A one-stop shop for products, services, fashion and styling, with professional help.
- The new service is designed to be a one-stop shop of expert advice on all aspects of the music business connecting musicians and music fans to those in the know.
- They were supposed to be one-stop shops wherein with all sorts of civic services could be provided.
- It also makes us a one-stop shop that can service all our customers' needs.
- The new, one-stop shop will, I believe, be much better for the complaints system than the one we presently have.
- The Internet is becoming the one-stop shop for virtually everything.
- The plan is now on sale priced £10 at First Point, Sheffield's one-stop shop for all council services.
- Visitors to the Three Peaks area of the Yorkshire Dales are being offered a new one-stop shop service to help them make the most of their holiday.
- It will be used as a one-stop shop for information on municipal services.
- It aims to be a one-stop shop for advice on the music business, connecting musicians to those in the know.
- And while comprehensive, the new site is more a starting point than a one-stop shop.
- All local government services are to be housed in a new one-stop shop facility which will open its doors next week.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.