In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ataque masculinearremetida femininethey are preparing for the onslaught of summer visitors — se están preparando para la invasión / avalancha de visitantes veraniegos
- In fact, the proliferation of viruses and the onslaught of spam have left companies and consumers staggering.
- Steady onslaughts of slick visuals and hyped-up soundtracks are routine: another day, another few hundred commercials.
- Another area of concern for IT professionals has been the growing onslaught of spam.
- Yet he also believes that the relentless media onslaught of ‘perfect’ male images has contributed.
- The reactions of Nature as a result of its exposure to the onslaughts of human societies have become more important in determining the fate of the human species than any harm it can inflict on itself.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.