In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cantidad feminine informalmontones informalwe've got oodles of time — tenemos cantidad / montones de tiempo informal
- What's more the joy of winning against insurmountable odds can do oodles to boost one's self-confidence.
- Soon your rich friends will hate themselves and will buy you oodles of drinks constantly just to assure themselves that they still have friends.
- Saturday night brought oodles of red wine celebrating Chris's birthday, and Sunday a dim sum lunch with Laura and Katy.
- Most of these conglomerates, you'll notice, have spent oodles of money on lavish campuses or office buildings, though.
- The first thing such a law would do is put more power in the hands of the politicians, judiciary and people with oodles of money to spend on themselves.
- While putting up the show it felt like as if these children have come of age ridiculing the blemishes of the society with oodles of satire.
- One about the first time I was published, and one about what to do as a high school writer to improve your writing, and oodles of amusing and interesting links you lot had sent me.
- Record sales are strong, that are making oodles of money.
- Mercury moving forward should infuse you with oodles of get-up-and-go.
- It was designed to be a state-of-the-art installation, and would, it was claimed, save them oodles of money.
- There is super, relaxing seating with safety belts for four people, two multi-positioned tables and oodles of storage space.
- If I had oodles of space to spare, I'd probably follow her example.
- The velux windows let oodles of light into the new rooms.
- It's amazing how many people seem to think I'm just starved for companionship and have oodles of free time to kill.
- The Waterhead offers the best of both worlds - an idyllic lakeside location with oodles of contemporary chic and no chintz in sight.
- They have no powers but are the personal representative of the Queen in each county which gives them oodles of quasi-Royal dignity.
- And to achieve all these must-haves of life, all that a girl needs is oodles of cash and of course television.
- And at the dining hall of the Games Village, they flocked for an evening of lip-smacking fare and oodles of fun.
- Would anybody have trouble finding oodles of examples of symptoms in the modern Republican Party matching these?
- Anyway, while I won't have oodles of free time, I might have the occasional hour or two off.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.