- When I was a kid, I discovered, in a cupboard at home, a huge open-reel tape recorder, bought by my Dad in the 1950s.
- The label obtains open-reel tapes (or, in the case of the Boult selections, very good quality LP pressings) of classical recordings with a certain cult cachet.
- The label obtains open-reel tapes (or very good quality LP pressings) of classical recordings some might consider ‘caviare for the general.’
- To learn the art of kodan, he studied open-reel tapes of his father that had been donated to the Theater Museum.
- The manuscript and printed material is now stored in fifteen archive boxes, whilst the forty-four sound recordings, comprising thirty-nine cassette and five open-reel items, are shelved separately.
- Though it suddenly became much easier to tape songs off the radio, I lagged behind the tech curve, stuck in 3-inch open-reel land.