In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The splint consists of a bar (the length of which is the distance between the baby's shoulders) with high top open-toed shoes attached at the ends of the bar in about 70 degrees of external rotation.
- Similarly, open-toed shoes have become more widely accepted in warm months.
- She was at least a head shorter than me, plump, and wore a shapeless black dress with open-toed shoes.
- The woman sitting next to her wore an open-necked blouse and open-toed shoes with thin straps.
- They're these gorgeous little open-toed slingbacks in black satin and with a not-too-high, not-too-short heel of about 3 1/2 inches.
- But we all know that the stereotype of chunky knit sweaters, open-toed sandals and beards is not true.
- Be aware that I will be taking black gaffing tape to New York and you will find yourself with tape on your open-toed shoes.
- I think it was probably a pair of shiny gold sling-back open-toed sandals.
- Sturdy footwear does not include any type of open-toed shoe or sandal.
- But men don't wear open-toed sandals too often.
- In spite of current fashion and the sandal rage, open-toed or backless shoes are not office attire. Not only are sandals a safety hazard, they suggest a certain official agenda.
- Wear open-toed shoes such as sandals or flip flops.
- Pedicures are becoming increasingly popular, thanks to the prevalence of open-toed shoes (even at this time of the year).
- For decades, pants and open-toed shoes freed women from panty hose.
- You also should avoid sandals, open-toed shoes, high-heeled shoes, and shoes with pointed toes.
- It's late September and I'm wearing open-toed shoes, post-Labor Day faux pas be damned.
- Heck, I even wore open-toed shoes, I didn't realize those were a poor choice.
- Do stockings even go with open-toed shoes (sandals)?
- No open-toed shoes or sandals are to be worn and appropriate gloves must be used on contact with the book.
- I even shop for cute open-toed shoes, to have a variety.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.