In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jornada de puertas abiertas feminine
- Involve grandparents in your child's life, such as inviting them to school concerts and open days or birthday parties.
- The only occasions on which it could be opened more generally to the public were open days when the children were not on the premises.
- The public contributed on an open day, before the forum's conclusions were fed back to the city council.
- It also encourages greater involvement in wider community events such as local festivals and open days.
- The open day coincided with normal rehearsals and visitors were able to sit in as the young musical maestros performed.
- The town council hopes most of the work could be paid for through grants, but 76 per cent of those who visited it on the open days said they would be willing to pay extra council tax to fund it.
- Empty plots on one allotment site were snapped up like hot cakes when the site held an open day for the public.
- If previous naval reviews and visiting ship open days in Sydney are any indication the people of Sydney will flock to see their international guests.
- Rooms were used on race days, public open days and pre-booked groups, which viewed the course from the rear of the building.
- At present the volunteer-run Bus Museum Trust can only display its vehicles to the public on rare open days or special trips.
- Children will also be able to join in, with cookery workshops, a mad hatter's tea party and countryside open days organised especially for the youngsters.
- There are open days when the public can meet and speak with representatives of Barbican Venture, and existing staff are being met as well.
- Farmers have been advised to check their farms are safe before hosting a visit or an open day.
- Two health care support workers from the maternity unit at Salisbury District Hospital visited the open day.
- She said exhibitions and open days showed the park has tried to be transparent about plans.
- The club is a credit to our association and has always had travelling members to open days, invitation days, pennants etc. and even to this day are still the best travellers in our area.
- Now it has had its first public open day when children performed on drums and guests were treated to food grown in the garden.
- Both courts have received a Charter Mark, after implementing open days to explain procedures, and improving access for the disabled.
- I was put off by some because of their negative attitudes and the problems they could see for themselves by accepting me after a preliminary visit at their open days.
- A public open day will be held once an environmental study has been completed.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.