In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(for bottle)abridor masculineabrebotellas masculinedestapador masculine Latin America
- Then he lunges at me, with tweezers, wire cutters, screwdrivers, bottle openers and scissors all snipping, whirring and snapping at me in perfect synchronicity.
- You'll also find the requisite razor-sharp knife and bottle opener.
- But thousands of wireless devices, such as cordless phones, garage door openers and current Wi-Fi devices, operate in the unlicensed spectrum bands.
- He reached over to the end table where he kept a large ceramic coffee cup crammed with every sort of writing implement, assorted combs, scissors, letter openers and other junk.
- One East Yorkshire business snapped up a few hundred packs complete with bottle opener and glass as a festive present for clients and customers.
- He's carrying a bottle of wine. He asks me if I have a bottle opener.
- My family has a picnic kit which includes knife, bottle opener, ‘cool bag’ and plastic plates and cups to make meals on beaches that bit nicer!
- One's a mouth, one's a shark's tail bottle opener.
- He pulled the plastic bag containing the letter opener out of his jacket pocket.
- Looking into the fountain pen jar, she found a letter opener.
- Any potential weapons, including nail scissors, letter openers and plastic knives, should not be placed in hand luggage, and passengers should allow extra time to check in.
- There's no bottle opener, he explains, because not many people round here drink beer.
- And it's available in cans, so you don't have to worry about where to keep your bottle opener.
- The product range includes household knives, chef's knives, multiutility pieces with scissors, nail filers, bottle openers and butler knives.
- Grabbing a razor sharp letter opener from the console table in the hallway she tears the envelope open and a small white card drops out into her hand.
- The Northern Star Literary Award, a hand-crafted pen, pencil and letter opener in a box of North Coast red cedar, will also be awarded for best entry overall.
- Airports have brought in increasingly stringent security checks, and are confiscating everything from nail files and bottle openers to knitting needles and knives.
- There are pin boxes, jewel boxes, ornament holders, letter racks, pen stands, stationery holders, letter openers and pens, so there should be something to please every visitor who wants to go home with a keepsake.
- He almost scrabbled to open it - contemplated using a butter knife as a letter opener, but then the envelope yielded.
- I've had one letter opener seized, two Swiss army knives.
1.2(for can)abrelatas masculine
2.1(in cards)mano feminine
- Following the fall of the openers, the batsmen dropped at an alarming rate.
- Which isn't to say he is any less potent; his ability to dismiss top-class batsmen and high-class openers is unquestionable.
- No matter what their decisions, Lancashire must recruit at least one top-class batsman, preferably an opener, and possibly two.
- He was also goalie for the White Lion on Sundays for a few seasons and played cricket as a batsman, usually an opener.
- The main issues to be resolved are the batting order, especially the openers and the identity of the allrounders.
bateador que abre el juego
3(of show)primer número masculinethis concert is the traditional opener of each new season — la temporada se abre tradicionalmente con este concierto
- I enjoyed the episode but it didn't feel like a season opener.
- Forney started the season opener but suffered a turf-toe injury and slowly had worked his way into a backup role behind Claridge.
- With a victory in the season opener at Daytona International Speedway, Crawford reinforced his standing as one of the premier truck competitors.
- Webster has endured three non-finishes this season but the only time Klaffenbock has beaten him when they have both finished a race was at the season opener in Valencia, in March.
- Mario Edwards and Izell Reese, a four-year veteran, will enter camp as the starters, but no one knows who will start the season opener.
- Slated to start the season opener at Baltimore on Sunday night, the right-hander threw 53 of his 84 pitches for strikes.
- Boulware lists his shoulder at 70 percent but still expects to start the season opener at Pittsburgh.
- The stats section will debut following the season opener.
- Johnson has proven that his victory at the season opener was no fluke.
- Sadly of that trio only Cusiter will start the championship opener against France, with the other two still injured, but if Scotland can produce players of this calibre and character then there is hope.
- He joined Rick Leach as the only quarterbacks in school history to start four season openers.
- The problem was not rectified for the season opener either, as starting goalie Carlo DiRienzo surrendered another four goals.
- When rookie SG Desmond Mason made his debut in the season opener, the Grizzlies went out of their way to go at him.
- He began his pro career in 2001 with the Los Angeles Galaxy, starting the season opener after impressing in preseason.
- Bedford said in his side's last game against the Hurricanes in the season opener on April 3 the Bulls were defeated by three points, but that this time they hoped to pick up their first win.
- Making the All-Star team, standing on the mound for the fifth game of the playoffs, starting the season opener this year - it's all unbelievable.
- A total of 49 rookie passers have started season openers since 1948.
- But even though Davies has earned the start for the season opener, this doesn't mean that Cowden won't be seeing the field.
- After a busy summer, Les Grands Ballets Canadiens are getting ready for their season opener, which, incidentally, is also a world premiere.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.