In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ópera feminine(singer/company) de óperagrand opera — gran ópera
- It's a mystery, and it seems to happen every time Boulez gets involved with opera.
- Verdi mavens and lovers of opera in general will surely want this fine recording.
- This allowed him to listen to opera and classical music as he read books about nature.
- Theatre and opera were bounded by the physical limitations of scenery and props.
- By contrast, the outer panels of the triptych are closer to the world of opera than that of oratorio.
- It helps explain why opera and musical theatre are the two largest growing public art forms.
- Here, he takes a surrealist text and puts it in the dramatic context of early Baroque opera.
- There are many people who are very used to listening to opera, classical music, world music, and pop in languages other than their own.
- He has also designed extensively for theatre, opera, Broadway musicals, and film.
- In this respect, the piece is operatic and, like opera, is sometimes exaggerated and campy.
- This work has all the lyrical beauty we associate with the more traditional type of opera.
- Outside medicine she loved the arts and literature and particularly classical music and opera.
- The opera has been around China for more than 400 years, impacting many other genres of folk opera.
- Long, long ago, in a galaxy far, far away, musical theatre and opera were bitter, resentful enemies.
- Are we going to take the narrow view which sees Scottish Opera as an oxymoron, and opera and classical music as not really Scottish?
- You might not think of St. Louis, Missouri, as a place to go to see opera in the summer.
- It was a fitting tribute to a man whose love of the arts, especially fine art, classical music and opera, is one of his great passions.
- She is familiar with all styles of singing, from opera, to musical theatre oration and cabaret.
- In the last few years London has seen a variety of operatic styles in contemporary opera.
- Suddenly, he found out that singing opera was a lot more fun than singing pop.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.