- By mid-century, the stethoscope had been joined by the ophthalmoscope and laryngoscope, the thermometer and spirometer.
- He or she also views the inside of your eye using an instrument called an ophthalmoscope and, using a painless procedure called tonometry, measures the pressure inside your eyeball.
- When I examine people's eyes, I shine the light of my ophthalmoscope on whatever magazine happens to be in the front of the wall rack and tell them to focus on the celebrity on the cover.
- In this exam your doctor uses the slit lamp along with the ophthalmoscope to look at the back of your eye.
- There are no batteries for electrical instruments like torches, ophthalmoscopes and laryngoscopes.