In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1opiato masculinenarcótico masculine
- Drugs such as opiates and cocaine are clearly very enjoyable, and users often report that such drugs produce intense feelings of pleasure.
- On the other hand, the state increased its regulation of legally manufactured drugs such as amphetamine, opiates, opioids, and, to a lesser extent, barbiturates and tranquilizers.
- Spanish pharmacies had become paradises for dope fiends, and heroin users often maintained themselves with opiates and tranquilizers obtained in these facilities.
- In this case, the drug was an opiate called Percocet, a prescription pain medication.
- A urine drug screen for cocaine, opiates, and methamphetamine was conducted on each potential participant.
- This is a shortcoming that is probably unavoidable and applies to all double blind studies comparing opiates with other drugs.
- The agents treat opiate addiction by preventing symptoms of withdrawal from heroin and other opiates.
- No errors were found for current dependency on amphetamine, opiates, PCP, hallucinogens, and inhalants.
- A legal opiate analog such as methadone may be substituted for the abused opiate, with the methadone dosage then slowly reduced.
- Powdered morphine, which is an opiate, sprinkled directly on the wound and oral opium also were used widely as analgesics.
- Whether it be alcohol, cannabis, opiates, Khat, cocaine, nicotine or merely caffeine, few of us seem able to face life without chemical crutches.
- The specimens are tested for marijuana, cocaine, opiates, amphetamines, PCP, and five other drugs.
- Drugs counsellors generally agree that residential treatment is the only means by which most addicts will permanently quit opiates - heroin, cocaine and methadone.
- A survey of general practitioners in Leicestershire has shown they are seriously dissatisfied with the systems in place for handling controlled drugs such as opiates.
- Methadone is a synthetic opiate, similar to heroin, that blocks the effects of heroin and eliminates withdrawal symptoms.
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking, drug use (especially cocaine or opiates like heroin) and excessive alcohol consumption can affect sexual function.
- Any painkillers containing opiates, such as laudanum, were out of the question until the concussion went away.
- The results of a urine toxicology screen were positive for opiates and cocaine.
- There is no difference between men and women on lifetime prevalence of cannabis, cocaine, amphetamines, opiates, or sedatives.
- The 10-minute test can detect cannabis up to 14 days after it is taken, but only three to five days after cocaine, amphetamines or opiates are used.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.