In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sondeo de opinión masculineencuesta de opinión feminine
- It is actually much worse than an opinion poll because, unlike a well designed survey, its result is biased.
- A recent opinion poll found 81 percent of Londoners back tube workers taking action over safety.
- A recent opinion poll found him to be the best known Scottish politician with the highest recognition rating.
- Nearly half of teenagers quizzed in an opinion poll thought banned drugs were sold or used in Bradford on Avon every day.
- With all that, the wonder is that the party still had 30 percent support in the latest opinion poll.
- An opinion poll indicated a decline in his popularity after the decision.
- It would please me never to see an opinion poll on a news broadcast ever again.
- An opinion poll last weekend showed that almost one in ten people were already prepared to support the new alliance.
- A new opinion poll on Friday of last week again put the two left opposition candidates way out in front.
- I heard Dr Choudhary saying on the Radio that your opinion poll was questionable.
- An opinion poll last week showed there is widespread sympathy for the strikes.
- But first I have to find an actual opinion poll that asks the questions I think have been asked.
- Every opinion poll shows that the public, rightly, place far higher trust in television news than in other forms of media.
- A number of other civic-related questions were included in the opinion poll.
- The vote will become even less distinguishable from an opinion poll than it already is.
- In the absence of an opinion poll, it is difficult accurately to assess the mood.
- The city also erected billboards around the city to inform citizens of the opinion poll.
- Bad news for the Government came with an opinion poll showing that most people backed the firefighters' side.
- This is where political parties conduct a fake opinion poll in order to plant certain ideas in the electorate's mind.
- The opinion poll will reveal the public's verdict on what level of council tax should be set for next year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.