In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It hopes to cash in on a difficult situation - but its display of grisly opportunism appears only to have annoyed local residents.
- Regardless of the opportunism, the Stones are still the greatest rock show on earth.
- For them it was nothing more than pure political opportunism.
- Jeremy tells an epic tale of money, greed, opportunism and blind chance.
- It appears that switching parties is the worst form of opportunism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.