In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1opresor masculineopresora feminine
- That guns can and have been used by the oppressed to ward off their oppressors suggests that they can be a tool
- Some readers also doubted that the Scots see the English as oppressors.
- Every tyrant and every oppressor deserve the full wrath of justice.
- The oppressed and brutalized have become the brutal oppressors.
- They have fostered a view of police officers as bullies and oppressors not to be cooperated with.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.