In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- What are the optimal temperature and light conditions for the germination of these seeds?
- Extraction solutions were then diluted to the optimal range for the ion concentration measurement.
- These rules do not always give optimal outcomes, although they usually give good ones.
- The modern-day emphasis is as much on avoiding illness as on enjoying optimal health.
- The key is determining the optimal time to move from an internal to an external audit.
- A good short story is a fictional vision which, in its optimal form, happens to have a short page count.
- The optimal solution in my eyes is to have smoking banned in public places except for designated smoking areas.
- Oral odours are best treated through meticulous oral hygiene and optimal dental care.
- The optimal time for both starting and stopping treatment is unknown.
- Plant two or more rows of the same variety side by side to ensure optimal pollination.
- The shading requirements also seem to be less than optimal to keep the summer sun off walls.
- The results indicated that the procedural modification was not optimal for the purpose.
- I just need to fiddle around with it to get it in the optimal listening order.
- Isn't optimal application of the laws of the game the ideal that we should strive for?
- Instead, eat food first, then drink afterwards for optimal health and digestive tract function.
- All of these together create an optimal smile and are part of the complete look.
- Each filler is injected in a different way but, in most cases, two or more syringes will be needed for optimal results.
- Nominating either more or fewer candidates than the optimal number costs a party seats.
- This level of iron store is about twice as much as the optimal iron store for normal adults.
- If an infant's condition is not as grave as was thought, he will live, and he can then be given optimal care if he has any handicaps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.