In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He also described the principles and method that created the basis for optometry and retinoscopy.
- Deriving from his specialised knowledge of optometry, this cylindrical lens imitates what happens in astigmatism.
- Examples of graduate programs offered at the institutions include chiropractic, education, health technology, optometry and multibody system dynamics.
- Anthea, eye clinic manager at Bradford University's department of optometry, and the team treated up to 200 people a day in schools, village centres and temples in India.
- Next week the 17-year-old, who wants to study optometry, will sit his Higher French exam.
- Two basic lens shapes are commonly used in optometry: spherical and cylindrical.
- Her interests are in visual ergonomics and occupational optometry.
- The existing legislation defines who can be registered as an optometrist, and what an optometrist may legitimately do, and it prevents anyone other than an optometrist from practising optometry.
- The disciplines of these students include psychology, computer science, English literature and optometry.
- She encouraged me to give up optometry and devote myself to photography, which I did in 1975.
- In recent years, specific programs such as optometry and dentistry have become deregulated.
- Deregulated programs - computational mathematics, engineering, computer science, software engineering, and optometry - face 15 per cent increases each year.
- Theodore Cohn, UC Berkeley professor of optometry and bioengineering, died in May of lymphoma at age 64.
- The graduate students included not only those pursuing doctoral studies, but also those seeking professional degrees in law, public health, social welfare, optometry, and other areas.
- This plan, however, did not address optometry.
- When not cycling, Cobb still practices optometry, but also is president of Bluestem Corporation, an Internet marketing group, and maintains a busy public-speaking schedule.
- Optics and optometry are complex subjects beyond the scope of this article.
- This, the Association claimed, facilitated the unlicensed practice of optometry by the corporation.
- Tuition in deregulated programs such as computer science, engineering and optometry can increase by up to 15 per cent per year.
- These fees affect students in a range of professional programs, including business, law, veterinary medicine, optometry, pharmacy and nursing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.