In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1.1(fruit)naranja femininebefore noun orange drink — naranjada feminine
- orange grove — naranjal
- For the last 20 years I've had the juice of four oranges for breakfast, using a classic manual squeezer, which I drink with toast and a cup of tea.
- Dried beans and legumes, oranges and orange juice, peanuts and leafy green vegetables all contain folate.
- Grate the rind from the two large oranges and squeeze out the juice.
- When an orange is juiced, fibre and other health-giving elements are left behind.
- Slice each orange into 5mm rounds, trying to reserve as much juice as you can.
- This category included lemons, oranges, mandarins, tangelos, and grapefruits, with lemons being the most common type.
- The Maschio Prime Arance, made from the juice and pulp of Italian oranges, is like biting into an orange with a kick.
- A little further down the coast we admire the rickety wooden fishermen's huts when a man in his seventies eating an orange starts chatting.
- Squeeze the juice from all the oranges and the lime in with it and stir.
- Try also the top of a carrot, half an apple, half a green pepper (remove the seeds) and half an orange (not too juicy).
- There was a tree toward the front, its branches laden with big, bright oranges.
- In fact the grapefruit is simply a hybrid between a pomelo and an orange.
- These days, juicy, delicious oranges are practically synonymous with vitamin C.
- After turning it over, I then squeezed the juice of half each of an orange, lime and lemon on it.
- All in all, however, citrus covers the largest tonnage if you include oranges, grapefruit, lemons and smaller varietals such as naartjies.
- Cut the peel from the orange, slice the flesh thinly and serve at the side of each slice of cake.
- The half-time whistle sounded and traditional sliced oranges were brought round on trays for fans wilting from the sticky heat.
- On another day they would have been dead and buried by the time the oranges were passed round.
- We walked from her back gate down the gravel path through the village center, where a lush community citrus orchard offered oranges and grapefruits.
- Today being the feast day of St Clement, the fourth pope and patron saint of mariners and ironmongers, I have put oranges and lemons to good use in my mother's recipe for a whisky marmalade.
1.2also orange treenaranjo masculine
- Plants with sunset colours of bright orange and crimson stand out and make an easy target for the eye.
- Body colors include bright orange, pink, yellow, dark brown and even black.
- ‘We are the only school in the country that has orange as its primary colour,’ director of athletics Jake Crouthamel outlined.
- Any colors composed of red or green, such as brown, purple or orange, don't look the same as they would to someone who sees all colors.
- They were normal, except that the irises were streaks of red, purple, orange, and pink; like a sunset.
- His penchant for bright colours - orange and yellow are favourites - only add to his reputation for excitement and flamboyance.
- Hot pink, vibrant orange, purple, turquoise and green of any shade were the colours of the day, with ladies strutting around like beautiful birds of paradise.
- Apart from just red, blue and green, there are various other colours, including orange, purple and yellow.
- Inside the veils, exotic plants with flowers of all colors: bright orange, reds, pinks, and yellows.
- We also changed the colors from brown to bright orange, which gives a higher energy feeling.
- For those wanting something more bright, there are colours like orange, green, and lemon.
- The clouds in the sky were bright with pastel colors of red, orange, purple, pink, and blue.
- A wide range of colours was used - shades of gold, orange, green, brown and gray.
- Chocolate brown, pink and orange are mixed with succulent berry shades and a field of soft greens.
- At times, warm, undulating tones of pale pink, magenta, purple and orange hypnotically pulse through the cylinders.
- I like the bright saturated orange of the bottles on the shelf.
- The sun was near the horizon and the sky was a bright mix of orange, pink, and purple.
- Stone arches, shelves of antique bottles, jars and jugs and the colour scheme of orange and terracotta give the place a rustic feel.
- We mean really bright colours like orange, yellow, red, and green.
- Organic and earthy colours dominate with burnt orange, rust, sky blue and many shades of green.
1naranjade color naranja
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.