In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1palillo de naranjo masculinepalito de naranjo masculine
- I will not be using an orange stick to clean them off.
- Before color is applied to nails, they must be cleaned and the easiest way to do this is with an orange stick that has been wrapped with cotton.
- Instead, push back the dead cuticle after showering when the cuticle is soft, using a towel or an orange stick (a stick made especially for taming cuticles that's available at drugstores).
- Cuticles nicely softened by this point, Maxine softly pushed them back with an orange stick, removing any stray skin which was falling away.
- Gently roll back the cuticle with an orange stick.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.