In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Objects in orbit change orbital paths fairly often.
- Currently, orbital spaceflight is available to those who are willing to pay the price.
- If there is sufficient interest, I will then examine the effects of orbital flight and orbital operations.
- Suborbital and orbital transportation, however, do not require any property rights.
- In fact, all the planets orbit the sun close to such a fixed orbital plane.
- With its emphasis on accurate space flight simulation and orbital mechanics, Orbiter is not all things to all space and astronomy enthusiasts.
- Many asteroids are members of groups with very similar orbital shapes, tilts, and solar distances.
- After his orbital flight, Gagarin made many public appearances and in 1966 began training for a Soyuz flight.
- Kepler's third law of planetary motion says that the square of the planet's orbital period is proportional to the cube of its semimajor axis.
- If the orbital velocity is increased, the orbit moves outward from the Sun; if the velocity is decreased, the orbit moves inward toward the Sun.
- This creates increased atmospheric drag on spacecraft in low orbits, shortening their orbital lifetime.
- A list of all the phases of flight that a reusable orbital launcher must successfully transit is truly daunting.
- Unlike the Soyuz, the orbital module was equipped with its own propulsion, solar power, and control systems, allowing autonomous flight.
- Instead, Virgin is looking at the possibility of orbital spaceflight.
- Hubble and other orbital observatories may join in too.
- Another problem with comets is that, unlike their asteroid cousins, their orbital parameters are often poorly known and therefore difficult to project into the future to see if they pose any threat.
- It was quickly realized that a previously known anomaly in the orbital motion of Mercury was explicable with the relativistic theory.
- Planetary mass, size, and orbital dynamics are the properties that make up this second proposed definition.
- Its slightly elongated orbit takes it around the star in about 13 years, comparable to Jupiter's orbital period of 11.86 years.
- This nearly polar orbit is designed such that the spacecraft's orbital path moves at the same apparent rate as the Sun.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.