In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en un cuartel) oficina feminine
- The lumber was needed at Istres to build barracks, mess hall, orderly rooms, latrines, clinic, headquarters, and officer and enlisted clubs.
- The squadron orderly room and operations buildings were in the squadron area as was the mess hall and ablutionary - all walking distance from the flight line.
- He was told to report to the orderly room one day.
- Brochures and donation forms should be available at all unit orderly rooms and Corporate Support shopfronts.
- Corporal Adrian Porter helps Corporal Ben Wright with some administrative matters in the orderly room.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.