- Its resident priests and ordinands are surely not exemplars of unalloyed virtue; indeed, they all have reason for committing the murders.
- The ‘reality’ about the Church is that it last year ordained 569 new deacons - 50 per cent more than four years ago - and that today there are more than 1,600 ordinands in training, it says.
- Her priests and ordinands are fallible human beings, but they are serious about their faith and committed to their calling.
- As one of my characters says, these may be priests and ordinands, but they are still men.
- Bishop Clarke explained that throughout the Church of Ireland there is a shortage of ordained clergy and of ordinands.