In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mena femininemineral metalífero masculinegold/iron ore — mineral de oro/hierro masculine
- Water entrapped by molten metal or slag may generate explosive forces that launch hot metal or material ores over a wide area.
- These metals are typically won from polymetallic ores rich in sulfosalts.
- The most important single application of oxygen is in metallurgy where it is used to extract metals from their ores.
- This deposit is the biggest in Bulgaria and in Europe for underground extract of gold-copper ores.
- The mountain massifs to the east of the Rhône, however, were less rich in metal ores.
- Iron, in contrast, combines with elements such as oxygen and sulphur to make mineral ores.
- In an exhibition of mineral ores those of copper first attract the attention, providing a joy to the eye as do those of no other metal.
- Its compounds tend to be found with ores of other metals, such as lead, silver, gold, and cobalt.
- Magnesium is extracted from its ores by one of two processes.
- Students are taught how to make their own pigments from mineral sources such as ores, soils and carbon black.
- Activities such as mining and manufacturing greatly increase the release of heavy metals from rocks and ores.
- It was also used in the production of metals from their ores.
- Mercury is now extracted from its ores by a method that has been used for hundreds of years.
- Microbial mining reactions can, on the other hand, be turned to commercial advantage to extract metals from low-grade ores.
- The study of rocks, ores and minerals is an integral part of Geology class in school.
- The biggest deposits of the metal ore in the world are to be found in the eastern Congo.
- They live in mountainous regions, and mine ores and metal to craft weapons.
- In my view, the commodity boom is a reminder that the supply of ores, minerals and metals is not infinitely flexible.
- Specimens of minerals, ores, and gemstones began to be saved for their scientific value and as natural curiosities.
- Indium is obtained by extracting it from zinc ores while they are being processed to produce zinc metal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.