- Because the Klein family owned ironworks in northern Moravia, cast iron was widely used on the building's facade in windows and oriels.
- Because of the oriel's off-center position, the Dance of Death frieze is divided into two parts of unequal length.
- Opposite is a range rebuilt in the early C16 with central tower with octagonal turrets and two-storey oriel.
- The vizzy (spy hole), with its tiny roof, is designed like a flat-fronted oriel, a miniature echo of the stone oriel fronting Edward IV's chapel above.
- Fixed horizontal prismatic louvres above the oriels shade the windows from the sun.
- The tree's branches structurally support the third-floor oriel extending halfway up the fourth floor or gable above it.