In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine creadorfeminine creadoramasculine autorfeminine autora
- If Edison was the originator of the fiction film, they were the fathers of documentary.
- The originators of these information products are solely responsible for their content.
- Like Peter, he has assimilated hip-hop culture to the extent that he now talks and dresses like the mainly American originators of the culture he strives to emulate.
- One of the most useful tools for looking at a belief system is to look at the founder or originator.
- However, as pointed out by the originators of motivational interviewing, giving advice is rarely effective in changing selfcare practices.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.