In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The service man, say, uses an oscilloscope to measure electric voltages in more or less arbitrary parts of the surface of a non-functioning TV set.
- The voltage will produce a waveform on the oscilloscope.
- One member of the radio society even has a major collection of cathode ray oscilloscopes, which he displays along one complete wall in his home.
- The amplified signal was monitored with a storage oscilloscope and recorded with a tape recorder or a strip chart recorder.
- It is important to understand the fundamental difference between real-time oscilloscopes and sampling oscilloscopes.
- An external trigger is provided for analogue signal analysis using an oscilloscope.
- The screenshot was taken while looping pattern five, so you can see the activity of the individual instruments in the oscilloscopes at the upper right.
- The signal was isolated from the excitation laser beam with a glass filter and a pinhole, detected by a photomultiplier tube, and recorded by a digital oscilloscope.
- Special test patterns are designed for use with instrumentation such as color analyzers, photometers, waveform monitors, and oscilloscopes.
- This varying current can then be used to activate a meter or oscilloscope or, after suitable processing, make an audio tape or some such permanent record.
- ‘We now troubleshoot them manually using voltage meters and oscilloscopes,’ he said.
- The output signals from the signal conditioner were also displayed on a digital oscilloscope for online evaluation.
- During testing, the current was continuously monitored on an oscilloscope positioned adjacent to the testing chamber, thereby allowing constant observation of the animals as well.
- On an oscilloscope, standard alternating current power looks like a wave with peaks and valleys occurring 60 times a second.
- In single-channel experiments, the membrane current was monitored with an oscilloscope and recorded on a chart recorder for data analysis by hand.
- A new method for correcting common timing errors in high-speed oscilloscopes has been developed by researchers at the National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- The square pulses were monitored displaying the signal in an oscilloscope.
- Single-channel current fluctuations were displayed on an oscilloscope and recorded on Digital Audio Tape.
- He typed in a command on the keyboard, and the playback fed into the oscilloscope's fluorescent cathode-ray screen.
- In the past couple of years, oscilloscopes have sailed through the gigahertz barrier.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.