In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ósmosis feminineosmosis feminine
- Therefore, water tends to flow into the cell by osmosis, down its concentration gradient.
- By means of osmosis, the high concentration of sugar in the solution draws wastes, chemicals and extra water from the tiny blood vessels in your peritoneal membrane into the solution.
- Eventually, a pressure difference between the two heights of the solutions occurs which is so large that osmosis cannot continue.
- There, the salt acts as a magnet, drawing water by osmosis from the blood and other body fluids up through the glands.
- If a solution and solvent or two solutions of different strength are separated by a semi permeable membrane, osmosis can occur.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.