In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I am a full time wheelchair user with spina bifida and also have emphysema and osteoporosis.
- Also with poor treatment growth may be delayed, there may be osteoporosis of the bones and the spleen may be damaged.
- The important issue for treatment for osteoporosis is prevention of fractures and not changes in bone mineral density.
- For example, the bone loss that causes osteoporosis in susceptible individuals is seen to some degree in all older people.
- We get through our cancer and heart disease only to face arthritis, dementia, and osteoporosis.
- Thus hormone treatment is not a good choice for preventing osteoporosis for many women.
- As with women, the best way to diagnose osteoporosis is with a bone density test.
- Use for more than three months results in appreciable bone loss, which may increase the risk of subsequent osteoporosis.
- If left untreated, it could lead to more serious conditions such as osteoporosis or cancer.
- This article was insulting to all men and women who have excruciating pain and severe loss of quality of life from osteoporosis.
- This includes pregnant women and people with osteoarthritis of the neck or osteoporosis of the spine.
- Hysterectomy is a recognised risk factor for osteoporosis, although not for osteoarthritis.
- To prevent osteoporosis and heart disease, 15 to 20 years of treatment may be needed.
- Jogging reduces the risks of osteoporosis, heart disease and diabetes.
- Conditions other than osteoporosis can also cause low bone density levels and may also cause fractures.
- Depression, as well as cardiovascular disease, must be regarded as a risk factor for osteoporosis.
- Fluoridation has been linked to bone cancer, irritable bowel syndrome and osteoporosis.
- Loss of oestrogen is associated with an increased risk of osteoporosis and coronary artery disease.
- Health workers will also be on hand to answer questions about osteoporosis, diabetes, diet and how to give up smoking.
- If blood levels of calcium fall then calcium is withdrawn from bone, resulting in osteomalacia and osteoporosis.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.