In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de ouija masculineouija feminine
- She arranged her Ouija board, her crystal, and her ‘Holy Bible’ and she was ready.
- Your answer to the question about Ouija boards brought back a rather amusing story of my own experience with the devil board.
- It explains why the planchette, in response to questions, glides so smoothly over the Ouija board to spell answers which seem to come from spirits.
- The detector was seated in front of an alphabet board modeled after the Ouija board.
- One thing I did believe, however, was the Ouija board.
- Yup, gone are the days when contact with the spirit world involved a glass, a Ouija board and a candlelit Victorian drawing room.
- I had asked everyone if it was okay for me to bring my Ouija board the previous week, and even though they were all afraid of it, they said yes.
- Jane's belief that she was possessed by spirits had its origin in a session with a Ouija board when it began to glide under her fingers and spell out messages from the Great Beyond.
- She was moving so subtly that I imagined I was a giant Ouija board.
- In some sense, therefore, the device allows the cursor to be a planchette in a virtual Ouija board effect.
- At the time, this did not concern me because, as an 8 year old, 14 years in the future seemed an eternity, and I didn't believe in Ouija boards anyway.
- There was a tale told that Ouija boards held the souls of the dead within them.
- I had seen one too many cult films about Ouija boards to get one of those but the cards seemed safe.
- Age scoffs at those who think this is all about Ouija boards and séances.
- A Ouija board is used in divination and spiritualism.
- Though I'd been warned about Ouija boards by church youth leaders, this didn't look like anything that could hurt me.
- Players uncomfortable with the possibility that they are being ‘played’ might decide to give up the Ouija board altogether.
- The Ouija board has all 26 letters of the alphabet and the numbers from 0 to 9 drawn on it.
- Though raised by scientists, I sometimes find Ouija boards hard to explain.
- One morning the bundle was inexplicably scattered about, and Fanny (an ardent spiritualist herself) consulted a Ouija board about the cause of the disruption.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.